Марти Шмидт из передает из Пакистана
Hello Macpac, hello New Zealand, the States, Europe… pretty much all over the world.
Calling in from Pakistan and letting you know we’re doing good. Pushed up to Camp 1 and further. A couple of days ago I tried to get a load of 35 kg up to around 6,450m and just came up short a couple of hundred meters from Camp 2. The snow conditions were very very bad and I decided to turn because of avalanche danger. We can fix that section with 150 — 200m worth of fixed line and what that’s gonna do is get us safely up to Camp 2, and from there we have to do the same thing from 2 to 3 in the next couple of days. So after that one full day of climbing up to high point, I came all the way down on the same day and Tim rested and so did Giannina…
Food is great at Base Camp, there’s fresh yoghurt, and just great salads with salmon, and fresh vegetables coming in… just everything we’re going to need to make a summit push.
Looking at tomorrow; leaving at 4 o’clock in the morning and getting up to Camp 1 and then spend the night, then fix the finish part of Camp 2, come back down and sleep at 1, and then head on to sleep at Camp 2 and try to push the route up to Camp 3 and if we can sleep two nights at Camp 2 that would be good enough for us to try a summit push around the 14th, 15th, 16th if the weather is good.
The weather patterns are coming and going, we’re largely getting information from the Northern Hemisphere meteorologists and we’re just compiling it for the best time to go for the summit, with less winds and around mid-July looks like it’s gonna be good. We’re doing OK and are exited to nearly go for a summit push.
Much love from the Karakoram and from Gasherbrum 1 and 2. Talk soon, bye bye.